Cucumber and Your Health
As we looked at earlier in the article (vegetable garden) on growing and caring for cucumber, we learned that caring for cucumber is pretty easy. Also what I want to note here is that there are three cultivators of cucumbers. First, you have sliced, secondly, you have pickling and thirdly you have burpless.
1. Slicing Cucumbers
Cucumbers that are grown to eat in salads are called slicing cucumbers, these cucumbers are picked before they turn yellow. Cucumbers that are grown for this purpose have hard skin and a smoother texture
2. Burpless Cucumbers
Burpless cucumbers have soft skin and not many seeds, these cucumbers are considered to be sweet because they are allowed to ripen.
3. Pickling Cucumbers
Pickling cucumbers are longer and bumpy or have rough skin, they have lime-green skin with light-colored stripes. Pickling has a mild to bitter taste.
1. If your eyes are a little puffy just lay back and relax, take two slices of cucumber, and place on each eye. This will help with puffiness.
2. Not sure of your breath freshness, place 1-2 slices of cucumber in your mouth, press them together for about 20-30 seconds. This will help with bad breath.
3. Not drinking enough water, then eating whole or several slices of cucumbers will help replenish water.
4. Cucumbers are family to pumpkins, watermelons, and squash.
5. If your bathroom mirror is foggy, rubbing a piece of cucumber slice over your mirror will help get rid of the fog.
6. It is believed that cucumber originated in India about 3000 years ago.
With all of that said, we will now look at vitamins that cucumbers contain.
Vitamin A, Vitamin K, potassium, magnesium, copper, VitaminB1, phosphorus, and molybdenum.
Cucumber health facts
What about health-related issues?.
Cucumbers can help the body to fight certain illnesses such as.
- Helping to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Cucumbers have antioxidants that are good for our bodies.
- Aids with weight loss.
- Helps with muscle and joint pain.
- Helps lower blood pressure.
- Helps to manage diabetes.
- Helps to improve heart health.
- Helps prevent kidney stones.
- Helps in keeping your skin healthy-looking.
- Can help to remove cellulite.
So as you can see cucumbers can do a whole in adding our bodies.
The final word
Remember that by eating cucumbers raw you will get all of the nutrients these veggies have to offer If you must cook do not overcook them. Because you do not want these wonders of nature to lose all of their nutrients. So let’s load up on these veggies and give our bodies a boost.