The Wonders of Eggplants
Eat your veggie is what some of us heard often from our parents because as we all know kids are hanged up when it comes to putting down their greens.
But do you know eggplants are fruits, they are botanical fruits that belong to the nightshade family and not veggie to popular belief? This is a fruit that can be cooked really flavoring your foods.
What is so amazing about eggplants is it’s a natural healer that can do wonders and benefit us in so many ways. Eggplants are our natural pharmacy that is loaded with so many vitamins.
This fruit is said to have been around for about 2000 years, now that’s a lot of years that people have grown and enjoyed eggplant being used in so many dishes.
To learn more about how to grow and harvest eggplants follow the link
Eggplant can be used in stir-fry, salads, lightly steamed, grilled, Eggplant can be baked, Roasted, Stuffed, Curried, Fried. These are a few of the many ways eggplant is prepared.
Health benefits of eggplant
1. Eggplant improves heart health.
2. Help to fight cancer.
3. Aid in preventing birth defects.
4. Makes a good brain food.
5. Can help with weight control.
6. Help to improve bone health.
7. Improves digestion.
8. Lowers bad cholesterol.
9. Help to improve blood.
10. Regulates Diabetes.
Vitamins eggplant contains
Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Copper, Fiber, Potassium, Foliate, Magnesium, Niacin, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Manganese, Calcium, and Phosphors.
Eggplant Fun facts
1. Eggplant is not a veggie but a fruit.
2. Eggplant belongs to the nightshade family such as tomatoes, sweet peppers, potatoes, etc…
3. Eggplant is 95%.
4. China produces the most eggplant worldwide.
5. The skin of the eggplant is shiny.
6. Eggplants date back to more than 2ooo years.
7. Eggplant has a bitter taste when eaten raw.
The final word
Eggplant is a fruit that can really benefit us in so many ways so I encourage you to give this fruit a try and fill up on those most need vitamins that will do your body a whole lot of good.